Tuesday, December 4, 2007

Officially a Trekker

Trekkers: Alistair, Amrit Singh, Bindu, Dhruv, Nilu (7yr old), Prathap, Roby, Rohit, Sagar, Sudhindra, and Moi
Date: 1st and 2nd December, 2007
Location: Chembra Peak, Wayanad, Kerala

An awesome trek to the chembra peak ,which is my first overnight trek. I am eligible to be called a Trekker officially. The Peak was about 7000 feet above mean sea level. We didn't trek 7000 feet though :D. We scaled almost 2000 feet in 4.5 hours with a lunch break and a couple of water breaks. We took less than 2 hours to climb down but it was more injury prone. I can still feel the pain in my knees and hamstring. By the way for those of you who are thinking that we were empty handed, all i can say is jump in the nearest well. We were carrying around 15-20 kilos which included our sleeping bags, mats, dress, food, water etc. Hmmm, I seem to have lost my artistic touch to the english language. I am blogging a report ??? !!! sheesh, i am disappointed. Hopefully, some day i will capture this heavenly trek in much more exotic and flowery words.

No comments: